Saturday, December 2, 2006

He left in the night...

The time is currently 5:00am. I'm in Bombay international airport with my luggage. My flight out isn't until 9:10, so I can't check my bags for another hour, security will probably be another hour after that.

I got some sleep on the way here; a bus picked me up from Pune a little before midnight, when and where I said goodbye to the friends who were still hanging around the hotel.

People keep asking me how I feel about this. Leaving. The truth is, right now, I don't. I don't have time. I need to finish this, that, and the other thing before I can really start analyzing myself. Once I get on the plane and it lifts off, maybe things will be different.

I tried five different times to update this blog with something like fifteen different things with no luck thanks to the internet connection available. First it was a piece about poverty, then about the riots that happened in a nearby suburb, then the strike that followed, then other things that have happened since. I have two albums of pics left from my archeology course to upload, plus a few I snapped a few hours ago to record my last night in Pune.

I'm going to spend a few days in London with friends of the family before I head home. I'm looking forward to that of course. I think if I concentrate on that, I can deal with how I feel about leaving India later.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment