Saturday, June 7, 2014

Back Out There

Hello again! I'm sitting in Cape Town, South Africa, and by popular demand, I'm back and writing on JTrek about the experience. I've come down to work an internship helping disadvantaged communities in townships. I'm working with impact investing firm Heart Capital. My first day was originally going to be Monday, but when I arrived Friday afternoon after about twenty hours of travel, I was picked up and whisked off to a work site to get started. Then a shower, then a goodbye party for three departing interns. Then my first night of sleep in a bed for a couple days.

I'll be here for two months. I'm currently exploring and reaching out to contacts in town. I'll update this blog with my usual stuff: photos, stories and more (that's fit to print) from my adventures. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment